For all email enquiries, please see our email us page.
Phone or visit us
- West Perth
- Subiaco retail shop
- Shenton Park (includes Milroy Lodge and Gordon Basford House)
- Nedlands (includes Crawford Lodge)
- Regional and rural services - Kimberley-Broome, Pilbara-Karratha, Mid West-Geraldton, Goldfields- Kalgoorlie and Esperance, Wheatbelt-Northam, Peel-Rockingham, South West - Bunbury, Busselton, Great Southern-Albany.
46 Ventnor Avenue
|Phone:||+61 8 9212 4333|
|Fax:||+61 8 9212 4334|
334 Rokeby Road
|Phone:||+61 8 9381 5810|
|Fax:||+61 8 9380 6982|
|Open Mon to Fri 9 am - 5 pm
Saturdays 9 am - 1 pm
|Address:||15 Bedbrook Place
Shenton Park 6008
Accommodation for country cancer patients
Weekdays 8.30 am - 5 pm
|Gordon Basford House||
Education and Research Tobacco Program Palliative and Supportive Care Education (PaSCe)
Cancer Council Crawford Lodge
55 Monash Avenue Nedlands 6009
|Phone:||+61 8 9489 7333 or 13 11 20|
|Fax:||+61 8 9921 8793|
|Open weekdays 8 am - 6 pm
Open weekends 8 am - 12 noon
Cancer Council Western Australia provides two services in its rural communities :
- Support and information services for cancer patients and their families provided by our Cancer Support Co-ordinators.
- Education services to raise awareness about prevention and early intervention of cancer provided by our Regional Education Officers.
Cancer Council WA Regional and Rural Contacts
|Area||Education Services||Support and Information Services|
Mid West - Geraldton
|(08) 9956 2406||(08) 9956 2408
Goldfields - Kalgoorlie
|(08) 9021 7650
||(08) 9080 8200
|Goldfields - Esperance||NA||(08) 9071 0400|
|Wheatbelt - Kellerberrin
||NA||(08) 9045 6285|
|Midland & Districts
||(08) 9274 4370||(08) 9274 4748
|Peel/ Rockingham - Mandurah
||NA||(08) 9581 4059|
|South West - Bunbury
||(08) 9721 4755||(08) 9721 4655|
|South West - Busselton||NA||(+61)427 990 134|
|Great Southern - Albany
||(08) 9842 7513||(08) 9845 8748|
Cancer Council Support Coordinators seek to reduce the impact of cancer by providing assistance and support to anyone who is affected by a cancer diagnosis.
Your Cancer Support Coordinator understands the complexity of cancer treatment and recovery and is able to assist you to access:
- Good quality information about your cancer or cancer treatment.
- Appropriate emotional support that can help you , your family members, friends to cope better with your cancer .
- Transport to treatment and suitable accommodation if you live a long way from your treatment centre.
- Services in your local community to help with practical things like cleaning, gardening, childcare, transport if you are unwell or have to go to Perth for treatment
Regional Education Officers seek to reduce the incidence of cancer in regional areas. They work closely with various community groups to raise awareness about strategies that prevent and detect cancer in its early stages.
Your Regional Education Officer :
- Works with other local agencies to promote healthy lifestyle choices and improve cancer prevention through systematic changes in policy and practice (capacity building).
- Delivers a range of seminars and workshops on cancer prevention and early detection at a range of community settings including schools and workplaces.
- Facilitates delivery of professional education sessions on cancer-related issues for general practitioners, health promotion professionals and allied health workers.
- Delivers the FreshStart quit smoking course, Parental Guidance Recommended childhood nutrition program and FOODcents.
- Provides access to the Cancer Council’s range of brochures and educational resources Sun Protection Products.