What is Relay For Life?
Cancer Council Relay For Life is a unique overnight fundraising event that brings communities together in the fight against cancer.
This team event celebrates survival, honours those lost to cancer and offers hope for a cancer-free future.
Watch the video below to find out more.
Since the first WA event in 2001, Relay For Life has raised over $14 million to support the work of Cancer Council WA.
Experience the magic of Relay by registering your own team and take the first steps towards making a real difference in the lives of those touched by cancer. Or, find out how you can help by volunteering your time.
Donate to a Relay For Life Team or Individual
Teams and individuals are waiting for your support!
Events open for registration in WA
|Broome||23/24 Aug||12 noon - 10am||Father McMahon Field, Broome|
|Fremantle||20/21 Sept||11am - 11am||Dick Lawrence Oval, Beaconsfield|
|UWA||11/12 Oct||12 noon - 12noon||Oak Lawn, UWA|
|Curtin University||18/19 Oct||11am - 11am||Edinburgh South Oval, Curtin University|
|Joondalup Wanneroo||18/19 Oct||12 noon - 12noon||VenuesWest Arena, Joondalup|
|Midwest||25/26 Oct||11am - 11am||Eadon Clarke Oval, Geraldton|
|Bunbury||1/2Nov||11am -11am||Payne Park East, Bunbury|
|Peel Mandurah||7/8 Nov||6pm - 6pm||Rushton Park North, Mandurah|
|Goldfields||8/9 Nov||10am - 10am||Digger Daws Oval, Boulder|
|21/22 March||11am - 11am||Centennial Oval|
|Serpentine Jarrahdale||28/29 March||10am - 10am||Byford Secondary College|
|Busselton||18/19 April||11am - 11am||Churchill Park|
|Perth||9/10 May||2pm - 2pm||WA Athletics Stadium|
|Rockingham Kwinana||23/24 May||11am - 11am||Village Green|
|Pilbara||20/21 June||12 noon - 12 noon||McGregor St Oval|
|Exmouth||4/5 September||6pm - 6pm||Talanjee Oval|
Please download Event Terms & Conditions (pdf 576kb)
Team Captain Meetings
Joondalup Wanneroo 2014
- Launch date: 13 May - 6:00-8:00pm
- 16 June - 6:00-8:00pm (fundraising, auction focus)
- 15 July - 6:00-8:00pm (volunteers, promoting cancer research)
- 5 August - 6:00-8:00pm (new teams)
- 25 August - 6:00-8:00pm (volunteers, general info, FAQs)
- 9 September - 6.00-8.00pm T-shirt collection)
- 16 September - 6:00-8:00pm (logistics, survivors' walk/afternoon tea, auctions)
- Team event walk-through: 12 Oct - 11.00am-12:00pm (location at the on-site arena)
The above meetings will be held at 6pm at the City of Joondalup Public Library, Level 1, Boas Avenue. Free parking under the building. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- 25 August
- 22 September
- 20 October
The above meetings are held at Midwest office, from 5.30pm - 24 Durlacher St, Geraldton.
- Thursday 25 September 5.30pm
- Thursday 23 October 5.30pm
The above meetings are being held at Bunbury Football Club Payne Park. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 22 September - 7:00pm
- 27 October - 7:00pm (Collection of Team bags)
The above meetings will be held at Rushton Park at 7pm. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- 3 November - 6:00pm
Drop Ins - Collect t-shirts and ask any questions you might have. Drop in at any time between the hours advertised:
- 8 September 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 30 September 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 13 November 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 10 December 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 13 January - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 9 February - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 4 March - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 19 March - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 1 April - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 20 April - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 28 April - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- 6 May - 3:30 - 7:30pm
Fundraising 101 - Hints and Tip for Fundraising;
- 8 September 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 30 September 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 13 November 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 13 January - 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 9 February - 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 19 March - 5:30 - 6:30pm
- 20 April - 5:30 - 6:30pm
‘Everything you need to know about Relay For Life' - For new Teams and those that want a refresher;
- 8 September 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 30 September 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 13 November 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 13 January - 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 9 February - 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 19 March - 6:30 - 7:30pm
- 20 April - 6:30 - 7:30pm
Logistics Meeting - For all teams
- 4 March - 6:00 - 7:00pm
- 1 April - 6:00 - 7:00pm
- 5 May - 6:00 - 7:00pm - At the venue
Venue Visit - Have a look at the venue before the event;
- 5 May - 5pm - 6pm
The above meetings will be held in the function room at Overland Motel at 7pm. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relay For Life Newsletters
- E-newsletter 2013 Volume 4
- E-newsletter 2013 Volume 3
E-newsletter 2012 Volume 3
More information on Relay for Life
Our volunteers are an essential part of Relay For Life.
There are many and varied jobs to be done and we need many and varied people to do them! Volunteer with a friend or loved one - it is a great experience and you will be proud of the contribution you have made.
To register as a volunteer please fill in and return the Volunteer Expression of Interest form (Word Doc, 53KB). For information about details we collect from you, please see our Privacy Collection Statement (pdf, 51kb)
For more information about volunteering at Relay please e-mail us.