Cancer Council WA provides a range of publications and resources including booklets, brochures, fact sheets, posters, speakers kits, videos, DVDs and CDs.
If you, a relative, friend or colleague has cancer and you are looking for information or support, these publications are suitable for you. The categories covered are:
- Support and services available in WA
A range of brochures covering, counselling services, accommodation for country patients, wig service and much more.
- Living with cancer
A range of booklets covering, emotions, nutrition, when someone you love has cancer and much more.
- Cancer treatment
A range of booklets, brochures and fact sheets covering, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hair loss, mouth care and other topics.
- Information on cancer types
A range of booklets and brochures covering, bowel cancer, brain tumours, breast reconstructions, multiple myeloma, cancer of the pancreas and many other topics.
These publications primarily target prevention and early detection of cancer. If you are a community group, workplace, school or childcare centre, these publications are suitable for you. The categories covered are:
- Prevention and early detection of cancer in men and women
A range of brochures, speakers kit and DVD covering, breast awareness in all women, prostate cancer, men and cancer, women and cancer and more.
- Healthy lifestyle to reduce your cancer risk
A range of brochures, posters and speakers kit covering, nutrition, physical activity, body weight and alcohol.
- Sun protection
A range of brochures, posters, fact sheets and speakers kit covering, how to be SunSmart, sun protection for your child, skin cancer and much more.
- Schools and childcare
A range of resource kits, booklets and DVDs covering, early, middle and upper primary school, UV radiation and Childcare a guide for service providers.
- Workplace resources
A range of brochures, posters, booklets and other publications for employers and employees.
- Make Smoking History publications
A range of brochures, posters, stickers and fact sheets and other publications for employers and employees.
Information about cancer for Aboriginal people.
- A range of print resources and links to relevant sites including recommendations for screening for specific cancers, guides for General Practioners, National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) clinical practice guidelines and more.
- Find out about Aboriginal people's experiences of cancer and cancer services in Western Australia, and how cancer-related services for Aboriginal people can be improved.
- A range of brochures, posters, reports, stickers and books concerning smoking and tobacco control.
Each resource is reviewed and updated every two years or as new information comes to hand. The Cancer Council Western Australia works with local and national cancer experts - including researchers, cancer doctors, specialist nurses and allied health professionals- to ensure information provided is reliable and up-to-date. Consumers also review the resources to make sure they meet the needs of the people that use them.
Before commencing any health treatment, always consult your doctor. Information in the patient booklets is intended as a general introduction and should not be seen as a substitute for your own doctor or other health professionals advice. All care is taken to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publication.