Funded by community donations
As a non-government, not-for-profit organisation we rely on community support to continue funding vital cancer research, running education and prevention programs and providing much-needed support services to WA families affected by cancer. Without you we simply couldn't do what we do.
Community funds come to us in a number of ways, including:
- through our major fundraising events such as Daffodil Day
- through smaller community-based fundraising events
- by generous people including us as a beneficiary in their Will
- from sponsorship and support from WA businesses
- from income generated through our retail outlets including the Cancer Council Shop at Subiaco and our online retail shop.
In addition to the above, we are successful in securing grants from the State government for very specific campaigns such as our Make Smoking History anti-tobacco campaign.
But when it comes to funding cancer research, services and programs for cancer patients and their families, that money comes directly from community donations.
For more details of how these funds are utilised, please see our services.
Thanks to the support of our generous community we are able to continue working towards a cancer-free future for our community. Together, we will beat cancer.
For further information view our financial statements.