Funded by community donations
From providing practical and financial support to West Australians affected by cancer, to speaking out on behalf of the community, stopping cancer before it starts, and researching new ways to better detect, treat and defeat cancer, every minute, every hour, every day we're working towards our vision of a cancer free future.
As a not-for-profit, non-government organisation, we're reliant on community donations and support to continue our life-saving work.
These community funds come to us in a number of ways:
- through our major fundraising events such as Daffodil Day, Australia's Biggest Morning Tea and Relay For Life
- through smaller community-based fundraising events
- by generous people including us as a beneficiary in their Will
- from sponsorship and support from WA businesses
- from one-off or regular donations by phone, by post and via our online donations pages.
- from income generated through our retail outlets including our Cancer Council Shop in Subiaco and our online retail shop.
- In addition to this, we have been successful in securing grants from the State government for campaigns such as Make Smoking History, LiveLighter, and other health promotion campaigns.
This generous support from our community helps us to continue to fund vital cancer research, run life-saving education and prevention programs, and provide support to the thousands of WA families affected by cancer each year. We can't do it without you, thank you.
If you’d like to, you can see our full financial statements which are available on our Annual Reviews page.