Cancer Council WA services and programs
We work across Western Australia
How we can help you:
- Cancer Council 13 11 2013 11 20 - This is the way to access any of our services and resources. Our nurses can provide information about cancer, and connect people affected by cancer to our range of support services:
- Cancer information and resources
- Life Now exercise, meditation and yoga - Benefit your overall emotional and physical health during and after cancer.
- Cancer Council Lodges - We provide accommodation for country cancer patients when they need to stay in Perth for assessment and treatment.
- Regional support services – We offer a range of support and services in regional WA for cancer patients.
- Complementary therapies – Supportive therapies that can be used alongside cancer treatment to improve general well-being and quality of life.
- Wig service - Provides free wigs to women across WA.
- Cancer counselling – Talk to a professional counsellor who has experience in dealing with cancer related issues.
- Cancer connect – A telephone based peer support program which can link you with a trained volunteer who has had a similar cancer experience.
- Workshops and information seminars – We run a range of education workshops and information seminars throughout the year to help people learn more about living with cancer.
- Practical and financial assistance – We offer financial assistance to patients undergoing cancer treatment that meet financial hardship criteria, as well as short term practical assistance such as childcare, cleaning and gardening.
- Legal and financial planning service – We can connect you to a lawyer or financial planner who may be able to assist you with financial planning, debt consolidation, access to superannuation, planning your Will or power of attorney.
- Cancer support groups – Our groups are run by trained facilitators, and can be face to face, online, or by telephone. These are a confidential and supportive place to share experiences, learn from and connect with others affected by cancer.
- Cancer Council WA library services - A gateway to information about cancer and related issues from Australia and around the world for health professionals, patients and members of the public.
- Health professional education: we provide a range of education for health professionals, including:
- Funding for cancer research of around $3.8 million in grants to Western Australian cancer researchers at all stages of their career.
- Prevention and education programs for community, schools and workplaces. Find out more about healthy living and cancer prevention:
- Our Regional Education Officer network – Regional Education Officers ensure our cancer prevention and early detection messages are delivered across WA.