First time offered in Western Australia in Partnership with Cancer Council WA
The 10775NAT Graduate Certificate in Bereavement Counselling and Intervention (GCBCI) is designed to provide current and appropriate training and education in applied competencies and theoretical frameworks deemed essential for the provision of effective bereavement counselling and intervention.
This course has been developed by experts in their specific fields to ensure the Course Content is current, evidence based and grounded in both research and practice. The course is a mixture of face to face and online delivery.
Our course is nationally recognised, post-graduate VET Australian Qualifications Framework level 8, equivalent to a Bachelor Honours Degree, and is specifically designed for health practitioners with appropriate training and substantial work experience in human services field and wanting to specialise in grief and bereavement counselling.
What you'll learn
- Analyse current education and research underpinning grief and bereavement practices and bereavement counselling
- Evaluate theoretical models, counselling theories, stress and coping models
- Provide appropriate bereavement counselling and support
- Effectively interpret client's responses to grief, coping mechanism, normative grief factors and likelihood of risk
- Assess individuals for risk of prolonged grief
- Apply interventions that serve to minimise risk and vulnerability and enhance protective factors
- Work with individuals experiencing intense emotions that may complicate or prolong grief
- Work with clients who are members of special populations
- Practice and develop practitioner self-awareness and self-care
Information and Application Process For more information visit Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement here.
Applications close 18 March 2020
Enquiries: Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement - Freecall: 1800 642 066 or Email: email@example.com