Undertaking Communication skills training can:
- Enhance your communication skills and improve your resilience
- Allows you to discuss difficult issues more effectively with patients, their families and friends
- Improve patient understanding and satisfaction, facilitating shorter consultation times
This training involves experiential scenarios with a simulated patient (actor) so you can practise and receive feedback on your skills in a safe learning environment.
This experiential, interactive workshop is facilitated by trained Facilitators and Simulated Patients.
Cancer health professionals acknowledge that insufficient training in communication and management skills is a major factor contributing to their stress, lack of job satisfaction and emotional burnout. Unfortunately, few have received adequate formal education in communication skills using methods likely to promote change, confidence and competence (WA Health State Cancer Plan 2012-2017, p35).
This course aims to meet the identified communication training needs of health care professionals.
The literature tells us that:
- Patients’ psychological distress impedes their understanding, health behaviours and possibly survival
- Good communication can reduce patients’ distress and lead to better adjustment and satisfaction
- Developing communication skills is in line with good clinical practice
- Effective communication can reduce clinicians’ stress/burnout and may lead to fewer complaints and litigation
- Clinicians express a need for training
- Communication skills don’t necessarily get better with time
For more information and to register please see the Communication Workshop flyer (84kb). Complete registration online at https://communication-9-dec-2020.eventbrite.com.au
Registering for all PaSCE events and workshops is essential. Please ensure that you register all participants’ direct contact details to ensure that they receive all the required event information directly. Unfortunately we have had an increasing number of “No Shows” at our events during 2019. PaSCE will be charging a non-attendance fee for all events where there has been no notice of cancellation prior to the event. The fee will be the cost of the event for paid events or $20 per person for free events.
Enquiries please email email@example.com or phone 9382 9300.