The Palliative Care in WA program is a professional development education program for health professionals providing an introduction to palliative care in Western Australia. The program is a general overview of palliative care, palliative care services and resources available in Metropolitan, Regional and Remote areas. This program aims to develop the participant’s awareness of the services and resources at their disposal in WA.
- Understanding the guiding principles of a Palliative Approach, models of care and guiding standards and evidence.
- Develop communication skills and strategies.
- Develop an understanding of WA specific requirements in Advance Care Planning inclusive of Advance Health Directives and Goals of Patient Care.
- Develop confidence and skills to practice self-care.
- Gain an understanding prognostication, terminal phase and delivering excellent end of life care.
- An overview of symptoms and assessment in palliative care.
- Utilise palliative care resources and services.
- Gain an overview of contemporary approaches of bereavement.
Grace Buchanan, Palliative and Supportive Care Education Manager
Information and Online Registraton: For more information and to register please see the Gaining an Understanding of Palliative Care in WA Video Conference Series (94kb). Complete registration online at https://understanding-pc-mar-2021.eventbrite.com.au.
Enquiries: please email email@example.com or phone 9382 9300.