Registration is Essential HERE
Registrations & refreshments from 6:00pm
Presentations commence at 6:30pm
This free seminar will provide an update for general practice on the prevention and early detection of head and neck cancers, as well as an overview of treatment options and the ongoing needs of patients.
Professor Christobel Saunders, Head, Division of Surgery, UWA Medical School
Dr Paul Cohen, Consultant Gynaecologist, King Edward Memorial HospitalLearning outcomes
At the end of this session, participants should be able to*:
Assess and investigate a patient who presents with a new breast symptom
- Undertake a family history relevant to familial cancer
- Identify the most appropriate breast imaging modalities for women with symptoms
- Explain the potential medical prevention options to high risk breast cancer patients
- Summarise psychosocial implications of genetic testing and genetic mutation carriage
- Explain the role of genetic counsellors
*Please note these learning outcomes may be subject to change
For more Cancer Council GP education sessions, visit cancerwa.asn.au/professionals/gp/.