This two day workshop is designed for health professionals working with Aboriginal clients to develop their skills in caring for Aboriginal people and their families facing a life limiting illness and will explore the topic of cultural awareness in palliative care. The workshop will be presented by a variety of specialists utilising case studies and group discussion.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to aboriginal history and culture
- An introduction to culturally appropriate palliative care
- Exploring end of life care for Aboriginal clients and their families
- Caring for remote Aboriginal clients in Perth
- Loss, grief and bereavement
Presenters: Danny Ford, Kambarang Services
Lenny Papertalk and Marilyn Lyford, WACHR Team
Information and Online Registraton: For more information and to register please see the Culture Centred Palliative Care - an Aboriginal Perspective flyer (465kb). Complete registration online at https://culture-centred-27-28-oct-2020.eventbrite.com.au
Enquiries: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9382 9300.
For more information on the Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA) visit the PEPA page.