The Residential Aged Care: Excellence in Palliative Care (RACEPC) program is designed to educate and support palliative care link teams to provide best practice care for residents and offer support to family and carers.
The program involves a two day workshop, two days of mentoring to embed the program and enable teams to develop their confidence and knowledge in delivering a palliative approach in their facility.
RACEPC program participants will be able to:
- Embed the integral part a palliative approach plays in residential aged care.
- Understanding the guiding principles inclusive of Residential Aged Care National Standards, Advanced Care Planning Australia Position Statement and the Draft Position Statement for Residential Aged Care.
- Support palliative care link teams to embed excellence in palliative care.
- Develop harmonious communication skills and strategies within the team.
- Understand the opportunity advance care planning provides to support client wishes through provision of an individualised palliative approach focused on optimising quality of life.
- Utilise palliative care resources.
- Develop skills in recognition of the terminal phase and delivery of excellence in end of life care.
Information and Online Registraton: For more information and to register please see the Residential Aged Care: Excellence in Palliative Care flyer (86kb). Complete register your interest at email@example.com.
Enquiries: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9382 9300.