This program has been adapted for video conference delivery Dr Kathryn Choules’ successful program offered at Royal Perth Hospital and Bentley Health Service. Over the 6 weeks, participants will explore mindfulness as a practice and also as a way of being. This introductory mindfulness program will be experiential and interactive. A workbook will be provided along with recorded mindfulness practices (MP3s).
- Mindfulness meditations: body scan; awareness of breath and sounds; awareness of thoughts and emotions; open monitoring
- Informal mindfulness practices: mindful movement; mindfulness of daily tasks
- Compassion (for self and others)
- Developing the “observer of self”
- Interpersonal mindfulness
- Perception and conditioning in appraisal and assessment of stress
- The power of the pause
- Self-regulation of attention, emotions, thoughts and actions
Commitment from participants
Registration is for the full program and participants are expected to attend at least 5 of the 6 sessions. There is a home practice commitment of 15 minutes daily between sessions.
Attendance at the 1st session is rmandatory. Please only register if you are able to commit to these requirements
Presented by: Kathryn Choules (PhD), Mindfulness facilitator
Information and Online Registraton: For more information and to register please see the Six Week Introduction to Mindfulness for Health Professionals flyer (77kb). Complete registration online at https://6-week-mindfulness-video-conference.eventbrite.com.au
Enquiries: please email email@example.com or phone 9382 9300.