The Healthier Workplace WA Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Workshop covers the basics of workplace health promotion. This FREE half-day professional development opportunity looks at the justification for investing in the health of workers, best practice workplace health and wellbeing strategies and the steps involved in creating a workplace action plan.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe why the workplace is a priority setting for health promotion
- List the reasons why workplaces should invest in health and wellbeing
- Discuss techniques for influencing employee behaviours across 4 key areas: physical activity, healthy eating, alcohol consumption and smoking
- Describe effective methods for staff consultation
- Identify techniques for evaluating workplace health and wellbeing strategies
- Devise a workplace health promotion action plan.
This workshop is suitable for anyone with an interest in, or responsibility for, health and wellbeing in the workplace. People who might find this workshop particularly useful include managers, occupational health and safety officers, human resource officers, workplace health coordinators and health champions.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with like-minded organisations and a light morning tea will be provided.
Registrations are essential, please register your interest to secure your spot in the workshop.
For more information about Healthier Workplace WA, please visit our website, subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of future Healthier Workplace WA events, or send us an email on email@example.com.
Please note, limitations for attendance apply. Please register no more than two employees from the same workplace.