Do your friends and family a favour this Christmas by making healthy gifts a priority on your shopping list. Healthy gifts can be inexpensive and fun, plus the thoughtfulness of good health won’t go unnoticed by your loved ones!
To help you get started, our LiveLighter Project Officer and Dietitian, Anne Finch shares her top suggestions:
1. Create a gift hamper but instead of chocolates or biscuits, opt to fill it with fresh fruit or healthy goodies such as vegetables and nuts.
2. Make a gift pack for those who love to cook using ingredients for delicious recipes such as a pasta dish or homemade muesli. You can find a tonne of healthy recipe ideas at LiveLighter.
3. Make your own jam or condiments. This way you can control how much sugar and salt goes into it! It’s also a fun way to get into the festive spirit with the family by asking them to help with preparing and labelling jars.
4. Buy gifts for kids that encourage outdoor activity such as skipping ropes and snorkelling gear.
5. Get the little ones vouchers for outdoor play centres.
6. Treat your loved ones to vouchers for massages or yoga classes - even fitness towels make a great gift!
7. Encourage your friends and family to be SunSmart by gifting hats, sunscreen or rashies! We even have special edition Ugly Xmas Rashies available at our shop in Subi! (334 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco.)