To help you become more familiar with the services we provide, we have introduced a weekly 'getting to know our services' series. This week we're talking about our collaboration with the Health Consumers' Council WA.
The Health Consumers' Council WA (HCC) is an independent voice, advocating for patients in WA to improve the patient experience. It is a community based, incorporated body under a Board of Management and currently has eleven staff.
Key areas of work for HCC are:
- Aboriginal Advocacy
- Consumer and Community Engagement
- Advocating for cancer patients where issues arise
- Creating focus groups to address areas of need
- Providing representation on national and state committees
- Advocating for regional and remote health services
- Assisting cancer patients to navigate health services systems
- Sharing knowledge
- Creating joint position statements on specific issues relating to cancer services - including influencing government policy
- Providing training initiatives to build advocacy skill levels