Christmas is a time for giving, but it doesn't have to break the bank. Check out our top 5 tips for avoiding a Christmas blowout, below!
1. Bulk up your meals with fruit and veg - opt for fruit and veggies that are in season for the cheapest and tastiest options. Don't forget canned, frozen and dried fruit and veg all count too.
2. Prepare food yourself rather than buying them ready-made products from your supermarket or deli. Making your own dips, cheese platters and salads are all quick and easy options. Making it yourself is also a great way to put a healthy spin on your fave dishes.
3. Avoid over-catering by being realistic about how much you and your guests will eat.
4. It pays to plan ahead - so set a budget and stick to it! It helps to take advantage of specials in the lead up to Christmas. You can also save by asking your guests to bring a dish along with them!
5. Prioritise your menu items. If you start to go over your budget, remove low priority items from your list.