Since 1994, our annual Australia's Biggest Morning Tea event has brought together millions of Australians over a cuppa in support of those affected by cancer.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of this fantastic event - the largest and most successful of its kind in Australia.
We're incredibly grateful to our fantastic supporters who choose to join us for a cuppa for a cause each year.
Last year alone, 2,600 West Australians hosted a morning tea, raising over $1.3 million to help us continue working towards our vision of a cancer-free future.
The funds raised from morning teas across WA help us to continue providing our much-needed support services for WA families affected by cancer, funding life-saving cancer research, and running state-wide education and prevention programs to empower our community to reduce their cancer risk.
As a not-for-profit, non-government organisation we're reliant on community donations to continue this work.
In the last financial year, with the help of our amazing ABMT hosts, we supported more than 32,700 West Australians affected by cancer by:
• Accommodating 4,711 country cancer patients at our Crawford and Milroy Lodges while they accessed treatment in Perth
• Providing 2,534 wigs, turbans, hats and scarves to 536 cancer patients at no cost through our Wig Service
• Transporting 1,242 regional cancer patients and their carers to their various treatment appointments in Perth
• Receiving 8,501 calls to our 13 11 20 cancer information and support line
• Contributing $3.8m of funding to life-saving WA cancer research
• Providing 2,520 free counselling sessions to cancer patients and their carers
However, our latest estimates show that by 2040 the number of Australians with a personal history of cancer will increase by 72 per cent. This means in the coming years, our services will be needed more than ever before.
By hosting a morning tea this year, you'll be helping us to continue working every day to ensure no one faces cancer alone. We can't do it without you.
CEO, Cancer Council WA
Register to host at biggestmorningtea.com.au or call 1300 65 65 85 to receive a free morning tea host kit.
Anyone unable to host a morning tea can still get involved by donating directly to Cancer Council WA by visiting biggestmorningtea.com.au.