Register now for the chance to win $500!
We're encouraging WA primary schools to sign up and participate in the 2018 Great Vegie Crunch! Recent statistics show that only 1 in 6 WA school kids are eating the recommended serves of vegies, we're determined to change this!
The Great Vegie Crunch aims to get kids around WA crunching simultaneously on vegies - and having fun! Participating schools will receive free resources and merchandise and may be eligible for a small grant to purchase fresh vegetables.
How to plan and run your event:
- Choose a time and date for your event during the week of the 3rd - 7th September (week 8 of the school term).
- Register your school by completing the sign up form.
- Let your school community know! Download our free resources to help you spread the word.
- Encourage parents to provide vegies for the event. Alternatively, they can be sold by the canteen, purchased by the school/parent association or donated by the local green grocers. To apply for a small grant to assist in the purchase of vegies, complete this application form.
- On your event day assemble students with their fresh crunchy vegies and count down from ten.
- CRUNCH! Use The Great Vegie Crunch app to measure the crunch of the students and teachers.
- Count the number of students and adults crunching and enter your results in the Great Vegie Crunch survey to into the draw for a prize!
Looking for more information?
Contact our Crunch&Sip team by emailing email@example.com or calling 9388 4340.