Include a Charity Week runs from Monday 9 September - Sunday 15 September and aims to do what no single charity can do alone; change the perceptions and behaviour of Australians when it comes to considering and leaving a gift in their Will.
In Australia, while most people (80.8%) regularly support a charity in their lifetime, very few (7.4%) go on to remember a charity in their Will.
For us, gifts left in Wills are a vital part of our income and help us to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer in WA for generations to come.
People choose to include a gift in their Will for many different reasons.
- To protect future generations by funding world class cancer research
- To ensure West Australian families affected by cancer receive support when they need it most
- To help us continue our prevention and education programs that help West Australians reduce their risk of cancer
- To honour the memory of a loved one who has been touched by cancer
- We may have supported you during your cancer journey
If you'd like to find out more about leaving a gift in your Will to Cancer Council WA, please visit our webpage, or contact our Planned Giving Team on (08) 9212 4333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our incredible supporters have kindly shared their stories about leaving a gift in their Will. You can read them here.
To find out more about Include a Charity, please visit includeacharity.com.au
We know that over 50 per cent of West Australians don't have a will potentially leaving their loved ones with unnecessary financial, legal and emotional stress and uncertainty when they're gone.
To assist, throughout the year we host a number of special Will writing events at various venues throughout WA, providing our supporters and the WA community, with the opportunity to have a professionally prepared standard Will for just $99.
Our next Pop-Up Wills event will be held at Floreat Forum from Wednesday 30 October - Friday 1 November 2019.