Every year, we help thousands of West Australians get the support they need through our 13 11 20 Information and Support Line.
Last year alone our 13 11 20 Cancer Nurses received nearly 8000 contacts from West Australians asking for supportive care, information or advice.
What is 13 11 20?
Our 13 11 20 Information and Support Line is a confidential service where you can speak to a specialist Cancer Nurse about anything to do with cancer, including:
- Emotional support if you or someone you care about has cancer
- Dealing with a cancer diagnosis
- How to cope with treatment and its side effects
- Practical support that is available to anyone affected by cancer
- Healthy living during or after cancer treatment
- End of life concerns
- Prevention/How to reduce your cancer risk
- Questions about early detection
Anyone can contact 13 11 20 - from cancer patients and people living with cancer to their families, carers and friends, social workers, healthcare professionals and the general public.
This vital service is funded by community donations and fundraising.
What support is available?
Contacting 13 11 20 is the best way to access information about all of our cancer support services and resources. Our Cancer Nurses help connect callers with our wide range of Cancer Council WA support services, including:
- Accommodation for regional country patients at our Cancer Council Lodges
- Transport to treatment from specific areas
- Cancer support groups
- Practical and financial hardship services
- Legal and financial planning assistance
- Cancer counselling services
- Cancer Council Wig Library
- Complementary therapies such as massage, reiki and reflexology
- Life Now exercise, yoga, meditation or mindfulness classes
Have you contacted 13 11 20?
If you have called 13 11 20 or requested a call back via our website cancerwa.asn.au for cancer information or support, we would love to hear from you!
Share your story today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your story can help us raise awareness of this vital service and the support it provides to the community. Sharing your story can also help in our efforts to raise much-needed funds for 13 11 20.