Dr Ee will be presenting our upcoming free cancer update lecture - ‘Prevention and Early Detection of Bowel Cancer' on July 30. We spoke with him about what his lecture will cover and what you can expect to learn from attending, below.
CCWA: What will your lecture cover?
Dr Ee: I will be discussing what bowel cancer is, why Australia has one of the highest rates of bowel cancer in the world, and what you can do to reduce your risk.
CCWA: What is the current state of play with the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program?
Dr Ee: The program now sends out free kits to all Australians between 50 and 74 in the mail every two years.
CCWA: What can people expect to learn from your lecture?
- How bowel cancer develops and what increases your risk
- How you can reduce your risk of bowel cancer
- Why and how to use the free screening kit
- When screening is not recommended
- Who colonoscopy is for & what's involvedThe Current State of Play with Immunotherapy Treatments
Cancer Update Lecture Details
Date: Tuesday 30 July 2019
Time: 12.30pm - 1.30pm
Venue: The State Library Theatre, Alexander Library Building Francis St, Perth