As we say goodbye to 2019, we've taken the time to reflect on some of the work that has been made possible thanks to the generosity of the WA community. Thanks to you, we were able to achieve so much throughout the year.
Here's a snapshot of 10 key highlights in the 2018/ 2019 financial year:
1. 6126 transport to treatment trips were provided from our Crawford and Milroy Lodges at no cost to regional cancer patients and their carers.
2. $2.74 million was invested in local research, enabling WA's best and brightest researchers to target cancer from every angle.
3. 2203 wigs, turbans, hats and scarves were provided to 556 cancer patients at no cost by our Wig Service.
4. $223,838 in financial assistance payments were made to people experiencing hardship while undergoing cancer treatment.
5. 6485 country cancer patients and carers received support from our regional Cancer Support Coordinators.
6. 644 cancer patients and their carers attended our Life Now exercise, meditation and yoga classes at no cost.
7. 487 cancer patients were provided with pro bono legal, financial and workplace advice.
8.1745 counselling sessions were provided at no cost to people affected by cancer.
9. 26,978 WA kids simultaneously crunched on fresh vegies as part of The Great Vegie Crunch event.
10. 259,629 cancer information resources were sent to schools, childcare centres, hospitals, local government and people across the state.
These are just some of the highlights from our 2018/2019 financial year. And all of this was only possible thanks to the incredible support, dedication and generosity of our amazing supporters.
As WA's leading, independent, evidence-based cancer organisation and the only one targeting every cancer from every angle, we rely on the support of the WA community to help us achieve our vision of a cancer free future.