To help you rediscover the joy of movement, our LiveLighter team have put together a 30-day exercise challenge for May that you can do from the comfort of your own home, down at your local park (don't forget your hat and sunnies!) or even in the office. Please follow any COVID-related restrictions active in your area (e.g. stay-at-home orders or mask mandates) while participating in Move More May.
Here's how to get involved*
- Download the CHALLENGE CALENDAR and print out a copy for the fridge.
- Challenge yourself to do the nominated exercise on each day during May.
- If an exercise is too hard or easy, feel free to adjust the number of repetitions or sets.
- Follow the LiveLighter Facebook or Instagram page each day for more information on completing individual exercise challenges
- On days that involve mindful breathing or walking, follow the instructions here.
- Use the hashtag #movemoremay when posting photos and videos to socials, and tag the @livelightercampaign when sharing as a story so that we can re-share your posts on our channels.
Pro tip: Invite a friend or colleague to do the challenge with you.
*If you have an injury, physical disability, joint or muscle pain or other health concerns we recommend having a chat with your doctor before starting on this exercise plan.
Ready? Let's get physical!
This article was originally published on LiveLighter.com.au.
For more information
- We deliver the LiveLighter program, which aims to encourage Australian adults to lead healthier lifestyles - to make changes to what they eat and drink, and to be more active.
- You can find lots of great tips, resources and information at livelighter.com.au.