In partnership with the Aboriginal Health Council of WA (AHCWA), we delivered the Cancer Education Course for Aboriginal Health Professionals in Perth from September 13-17. The aim of this course was to provide education around all aspects of cancer control in a culturally inclusive manner.
Overall, the course was a big success! Course attendees enjoyed the engaging topics and will be able to add so much knowledge and value to their workplaces and communities. A highlight of the course was the opportunity to build networks between Aboriginal health professionals and cancer support staff during the visit to the Cancer Centre at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.
A huge thanks goes out to the following agencies:
• WA Cervical Cancer Prevention Program
• WA Department of Health Bowel Cancer Screening Program
• BreastScreen WA
• Tackling Indigenous Smoking
• Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
• Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA)
• Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital - Cancer Centre
If you or someone you know might be interested in our 2022 courses, please contact Kristy Stewart on 9388 4378 or via email at Kristy.email@example.com.