In line with Include a Charity Week 2021, Safewill is offering our supporters a special discount on the usual price of writing a Will on their platform during September. For a limited time only, you can prepare a legally valid and bespoke Will online for just $80 (usually $160).
It may seem like a daunting task, but having a Will is one of the most important things you can do for yourself and your loved ones and can be completed in just a few quick steps. Here are five tips to help you draft a Will:
- Consider your assets.
- Decide who should benefit from your Will. This may include family members, friends, and charitable organisations.
- Seek legal advice, this may be in person or via an online Will writing platform such as Safewill. This ensures your Will is legally correct and your wishes will be followed accurately.
- Select an Executor for your Will as they will ensure that your wishes are followed correctly. Solicitors, family members or friends can act as an Executor.
- Keep your Will up to date as your circumstances change. If major changes are required, it is best to write a new Will.
Already written a Will?
It's important to review and update your Will whenever your circumstances change, which includes:
- Marriage (getting married automatically cancels all previous Wills).
- When you purchase your first major asset such as a house.
- When you have children or adopt a new pet, you can nominate guardians and make arrangements for their care.
- When you retire.
- If you separate or divorce.
- Before you go on holiday.
- If there are changes to your health, such as being diagnosed with cancer.
Prepare a Will online today for just $80 by taking advantage of Safewill's exclusive Will writing promotion. Through this no obligation offer, we encourage you to take care of your loved ones first. Then, if you can, please consider leaving a gift to Cancer Council WA.
Simply visit safewill.com/cancercouncilwa to get started.
With your help, we can continue funding life-saving cancer research, running critical prevention programs, and providing vital support services to the thousands of West Australians affected by cancer each year.
- Learn more about Safewill's Will writing offer.
- Visit our I am considering a gift in my Will page for more information about leaving a gift in Will to Cancer Council WA.
- Get in touch with our Planned Giving team by emailing email@example.com or calling 08 9212 4333.