Every year, we help thousands of West Australians get the support they need through our 13 11 20 cancer information and support line.
From 2019-20 alone our 13 11 20 cancer nurses received nearly 6000 contacts from West Australians asking for supportive care, information or advice.
What is 13 11 20?
Calling 13 11 20 connects you to our cancer nurses. Anyone can call 13 11 20 - cancer patients, people living with cancer, their families, and friends, carers, teachers, students and healthcare professionals. Our cancer nurses will provide confidential, accurate information and support on any cancer- related concerns, including:
- Emotional support if you or someone you care about has cancer
- Dealing with a cancer diagnosis
- How to cope with treatment and its side effects
- Practical support that is available to anyone affected by cancer
- Healthy living during or after cancer treatment
- End of life concerns
- Prevention/How to reduce your cancer risk
- Questions about early detection
What support is available?
Contacting 13 11 20 is the best way to access information about all of our cancer support services and resources. Our cancer nurses help connect you with our wide range of Cancer Council WA support services, including:
- Links to services in your area
- Free booklets and information including resources in other languages
- Counselling and emotional support
- Peer support groups via telephone, in person and on-line
- Financial hardship assistance and practical support information
- Referral to legal and financial advice for those who meet specific eligibility criteria
- Accredited Practicing Dietitians who can provide nutritional advice during and after cancer treatment
- Life Now program information and registrations
- Bulk ordering of Cancer Council publications for distribution by health professionals - see Patient Information Publications order form.
Have you contacted 13 11 20?
If you have called 13 11 20 or requested a call back for cancer information or support, we would love to hear from you!
Share your story today by emailing email@example.com
This vital service is funded by community donations and fundraising. By sharing your story, you can help us raise awareness of the support 13 11 20 provides the community and help raise much-needed funds.
- You can call 13 11 20 from anywhere in WA for the cost of a local call (except from mobiles). We are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, except on public holidays when we are closed. If you are calling outside of business hours, you can leave a message and we will call you back the next business day.
- If you require an interpreter please call the National Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 during business hours and ask for Cancer Council 13 11 20.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment to communicate with voice callers please call the National Relay Service on 1300 555 727 during business hours and ask for Cancer Council 13 11 20.
- If you need emergency assistance, please call Lifeline (13 11 14), Crisis Care (9223 1111), Samaritans (9381 5555), or healthdirect (1800 022 22).
- If you prefer, you can email us and a Cancer Nurse will respond to your email.