Host a healthy morning tea
Eat a rainbow
• A colourful fruit platter makes a lovely centrepiece
• Fruits are tastiest and cheapest when they're in season.
• Hot tip: if it's grown locally and on special, it's probably in season!
• Bite-size pieces of fruit on a kebab helps to avoid sticky fingers
Something to sip
• Tea and coffee are just the start!
• Try some herbal teas for something different
• Homemade iced tea and coffee is lovely on a hot day
• Fancy up your water with fruit and herbs
Sweets for my sweet
• Scones and pikelets are a classic. Let people add their own toppings
• Cut sweets into bite-sized pieces
• Go for mini-muffins
• Try Greek yoghurt or sour cream as a lighter alternative to cream
• Choose fruit, dairy and nut based desserts. Visit LiveLighter for recipe ideas
• Frittata and quiche are a great way to get some vegies in
• Go for filo or spring roll pastry for a light and crispy crust
• Serve vegie sticks and crackers with dips like hummus and tzatziki
- Use grainy or wholemeal bread
- Choose roast meats over processed meat
- Try avocado, hummus or cream cheese instead of butter or margarine
Download our healthy morning tea fact sheet (pdf 342kb)