How your donation makes a difference
Every day, with your help, we're working to support families, prevent cancer, and save lives.
From providing practical and financial support to West Australians affected by cancer, to speaking out on behalf of the community, stopping cancer before it starts, and finding new ways to better detect, treat and defeat cancer, we're working towards our vision of a cancer free future every minute, every hour, every day.
Here's just a few examples of what we achieved in the 17/18 financial year, thanks to your generous support:
Your donations allow us to:
- Fund live-saving, WA based cancer research.
- Provide support services for West Australians affected by cancer and their families.
- Run education and prevention programs to empower our community to reduce their cancer risk.
- Advocate for policy and funding to improve cancer control, and achieve better outcomes for patients.
Your support enables us to:
- Offer accommodation for regional cancer patients and their carers whilst they undergo treatment in Perth
- Translate research outcomes into practice. Our Life Now exercise classes are informed by one of the projects we fund - investigating the benefits of exercise as “medicine” for cancer.
- Continue to invest in life-saving WA based cancer research.
- Answer queries about cancer from the community, and connect people affected by cancer to our many services via our 13 11 20 information and support line.
- And so much more. Our work would not be possible without your support - thank you.
For more information, please see our Annual Review and audited financial statement.