Contribute to cancer research
Every major advancement in cancer detection, prevention, and treatment has been built on research efforts.
Research helps us to discover ways to treat cancer more effectively, diagnose cancer earlier, and improve quality of life for people affected by cancer.
Our Research Grant Program is funded entirely by the community. Thanks to the support of people like you, we are one of the largest funders of independent cancer research in WA. With your help, we can continue to increase this funding.
Research funding units start from $2500 and you can select from a wide range of world-class research projects taking place right here in WA.
When supporting our Research Program you will receive:
- Recognition of your funding in a family, estate, deceased loved one, company or individual's name in our annual Cancer Council WA Research Program booklet
- A certificate recognising your support
- An invitation to the annual Research Awards Lunch where the research funding, recipients and supporters are announced
- Acknowledgement in the Cancer Council WA Annual Review
- A tax deductible receipt for each contribution
Download the Cancer Council Western Australia Research Grant Program table for specific benefits to individual areas of support.
For more information on funding research units, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 65 65 85 and speak to our Donor Relations and Estates Manager or Corporate Relations Manager.
In 2013 we introduced the Cancer Council WA Research Excellence Awards, to recognise and celebrate the achievements of Western Australia's best and brightest cancer researchers. View the recipients of these awards and learn more abouth them.
Find out more about our work
There are many ways that you can get involved in the fight against cancer and support Cancer Council WA. Read more about how to support.