Cancer Council 13 11 2013 11 20
- Call Cancer Council 13 11 2013 11 20 from anywhere in WA for confidential cancer-related information and support for the cost of a local call (except from mobiles).
- We are open Monday - Friday during business hours. Closed public holidays. If calling outside of business hours, you can leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day.
- For people who do not speak English and require an interpreter contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 5013 14 50 and ask for "Cancer Council 13 11 20" during business hours.
- For people who are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment contact the National Relay Service on 13 36 7713 36 77 and ask for "Cancer Council 13 11 20".
- If you would prefer, you can email us.
Who are we?
A team of registered nurses with oncology experience who can provide you with information and support on cancer and cancer-related issues. You, your family, carers or friends can talk confidentially about any concerns you may have.
What do we do?
We can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information and support about all aspects and issues relating to:
- cancer prevention
- early detection
- diagnosis and treatment
- coping with cancer
- services and support
How can we assist you?
Talking to the Cancer Council nurses can provide you with access to:
- Telephone information and support
- Links to services in your area
- Free booklets and information for patients including resources in other languages
- Counselling and emotional support
- Peer support groups via telephone, in person and on-line
- Financial hardship assistance and practical support information
- Referral to legal and financial advice for those who meet specific eligibility criteria
- Accredited Practicing Dietitians who can provide nutrition advice during and after cancer treatment
- Life Now course, class or seminar registrations
- Patient education seminar registration
- Bulk ordering of Cancer Council publications for distribution by health professionals - see Patient Information Publications order form