Coping with cancer
A diagnosis of cancer can mark the beginning of a journey full of emotional, psychological, physical and practical challenges.
The challenges might relate to the shock of a cancer diagnosis and fears about the future, or perhaps they are due to physical side effects of treatment such as fatigue and nausea.
More specific emotional problems can range from concerns about body image to periods of anxiety and depression.
The emotional, physical and practical journey for some people can take a different direction if, for example the cancer comes back, whereas others must deal with the challenges of surviving cancer.
The following pages will provide some strategies to help deal with various stages of a cancer journey:
- Coping with the physical impact of cancer
- Coping with the emotional effects of cancer
- Coping with the practical issues after a cancer diagnosis
- Coping with advanced cancer
- Talking to your children about your cancer
- Coping with legal and financial changes