Resources and links
There are many resources available on the internet and other places, but not all of it is reliable or evidence based.
To give you some help in finding appropriate, trustworthy information to help inform and guide you through adjusting to your life after cancer treatment, please check out any of the recommended links below, or submit a Request a Wellbeing after Cancer Callback form and a Wellbeing after Cancer Registered Nurse will contact you.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Centre, US - Living Beyond Cancer Program.
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Click on Living with cancer, Practical Issues, Life After Cancer.
- Cancer Caring Coping
- Cancer Council WA publications (webinars, podcasts and other resources) - for all current booklets, factsheets, brochures, and links to webinars, podcasts and other useful resources
- Cancer Council NSW Enrich survivorship program, including exercise videos and nutrition factsheets)
- Cancer Council NSW Life after cancer treatment
- Cancer Council NSW Survivorship recorded past webinars
- Join a Cancer Support Group which can be face-to-face, online or via telephone
- Join the Cancer Council Online Community
- Sign up for a Life Now meditation, mindfulness, mindful art, tai chi, yoga or gym based resistance exercise program
- Life Now
- Complementary therapies page
- Further useful resources, including booklets, podcasts and webinars, can be found on our Publications for Patients, family and friends page. Examples include:
- Emotions and Cancer booklet;
- Life Now Meditation and Relaxation CD;
- Living Well After Cancer booklet; and
- Living with Advanced Cancer booklet.
- The Act-Belong-Commit guidelines for positive mental health provide a simple approach you can adopt to becaome more mentally healthy.
- Tips for goal setting at the LiveLighter website
- Nutrition tracker (pdf, 491kb)
- Physical activity tracker (pdf, 495kb)
- Cancer Council WA Wellbeing after Cancer Care Plan (pdf, 745kb)
- For specific physical activity and nutrition experts:
Physical activity information
- Cancer Council WA's Life Now
- Physical activity - Find an exercise physiologist (external link to Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA))
- Cancer Council NSW Exercise after Treatment videos
- Live Lighter Physical Activity Tracker
- Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA)
- Breast Cancer Care WA
- Andrology Australia : Healthy Men
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Society of Australian Sexologists
- Australian Menopause Society
- Jean Hailes for Womens Health
- Cancer Australia publications - Sexuality, Intimacy and Cancer Booklet
Videos about coping with cancer and an additional disability (from Macmillian Cancer Support website)
- Disability Action Plan (DAP) (from Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre)
- Sexuality and Relationship Guidelines (pdf from NSW Government Family and Community Services)
- Pelvic Pain Foundation of Australia