Where to go for more information
A number of organisations are working to promote the many benefits of physical activity. To find out more about some of the different programs available in Western Australia and throughout the rest of the country choose from the links below:
Western Australian Campaigns
- LiveLighter is a statewide program delivered by Cancer Council WA with funding provided by the WA Department of Health. LiveLighter aims to encourage Western Australian adults to lead healthier lifestyles - to make changes to what they eat and drink, and be more active.
Western Australian Organisations
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, Government of Western Australia is responsible for the implementation of government policy and initiatives in sport and recreation. A key role of the department is to contribute to the healthy lifestyle of Western Australians by increasing physical activity in the community through sport and recreation.
- Move it Aus is an initiative of Sports Australia which aims to help all Australians become fitter, healthier and more active.
National organisations, websites and documents
- Healthy Weight Guide is an initiative of the Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing. It provides information and advice on healthy body weight, healthy eating and physical activity.
- National Heart Foundation aims to save lives and improve health through funding cardiovascular research, providing guidelines for health professionals, informing the public and assisting people with cardiovascular disease.
- Physical Activity Recommendations developed by the Australian Government, Department of Health, outline the minimum levels of physical activity required to gain a health benefit and ways to incorporate incidental physical activity into everyday life.