Where to go for more information
Many organisations are working to help people achieve and maintain a healthy body weight in order to reduce the risk of a number of chronic diseases.
To find out more about some of the different programs available in Western Australia and throughout the rest of the country choose from the links below:
Western Australian Campaigns
- LiveLighter is a program encouraging Western Australian adults to lead healthier lives - to make changes to what they eat and drink, and to be more active. We want to help people understand why they need to take action and what simple changes they can make in order to ‘LiveLighter'. It is funded by the WA Department of Health and delivered by Cancer Council WA.
National organisations, websites and documents
- Diabetes Australia is a national federated body comprised of state and territory organisations supporting people with diabetes and those professional and research bodies, particularly concerned with the treatment and prevention of diabetes. Its purpose is to help all people affected by diabetes and those at risk and to contribute to the search for a cure.
- Dietitians Australia (DA) is the national association of the profession, with branches in each state and territory. As well as supporting its members, DAA advocates for better food and improved health in order to reduce chronic disease in the Australian population.
- Healthy Weight Guide is an initiative of the Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing. It provides information and advice on healthy body weight, healthy eating and physical activity.
- National Heart Foundation aims to save lives and improve health through funding cardiovascular research, providing guidelines for health professionals, informing the public and assisting people with cardiovascular disease.
- Nutrition Australia is an independent, member organisation that aims to promote the health and well-being of all Australians.
- Parents' Voice is an online network of parents, grandparents and guardians, who are interested in improving the food and physical activity environments of Australian children. It provides a forum for parents to voice their views and to collectively advocate for the improvement of children's food and physical activity environments.