WA Clinical Oncology Group (WACOG)
- WA Clinical Oncology Group (WACOG) was formed in 1997 to advise the Cancer Council WA on all clinical aspects of cancer.
- WACOG also aims to promote and facilitate cooperative studies on cancer.
WACOG calendar of events
- WACOG convenes educational meetings which are open to medical, nursing and other health professionals working in oncology.
- Many of seminars are run in conjunction with the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network and the Tumour Collaboratives.
- To receive invitations to WACOG events, please email email@example.com or call (08) 9212 4333.
- CancerMatters is the official newsletter of WACOG.
- It provides multidisciplinary cancer information for all health professionals with an interest in cancer, as well as supporters and interest groups.
- CancerMatters covers :
- local, national and international issues
- popular and relevant cancer information websites
- the latest clinical trials
- announcements for cancer education meetings or funding opportunities
- To subscribe or contribute content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9212 4333.
Latest CancerMatters newsletters
Cancer clinical trials
What is a cancer clinical trial?
- Cancer clinical trials facilitate the development of new and improved treatments for cancer, resulting in improved cancer outcomes.
- Many people from all over the world have been involved in clinical trials which have found safer and more effect treatments for many cancers.
- Cancer Council WA, WACOG and the Department of Health WA support participation in clinical trials of promising new cancer treatments, as there is strong evidence to suggest that patients on a clinical trial do better than those who do not join a trial. We are also encouraged by progressive improvements in cancer cure rates that would have not happened without clinical trials.
WA Cancer Clinical Trials Registry (WACCTR)
- For information on specific cancer clinical trials open at Western Australian hospitals, please see the WA Cancer Clinical Trials Registry (WACCTR).
- For information for patients on clinical trials, please visit the Cancer clinical trials page