WA Clinical Oncology Group (WACOG)
- WA Clinical Oncology Group (WACOG) was formed in 1997 to advise the Cancer Council WA on all clinical aspects of cancer.
- WACOG also aims to promote and facilitate cooperative studies on cancer.
WACOG calendar of events
- WACOG convenes educational meetings which are open to medical, nursing and other health professionals working in Oncology and Haematology.
- Many of seminars are run in conjunction with the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network and the Tumour Collaboratives.
- To receive invitations to WACOG events, please email email@example.com or call (08) 9212 4333.
2021 Medical and Nursing Conference Grants
Applications are now open. Virtual conferences will be considered.
Applications are open for conferences taking place in January - December 2021.
WACOG and Cancer Council WA are offering two grants for Advanced Medical Trainees as well as two grants for Nurses working in an oncology or haematology related field to attend a medical/health related conference of their choice.
- Up to $2500 for interstate conferences and up to $4000 for international conferences is available to contribute towards conference registration, accommodation and travel fees.
- Advanced Medical Trainees: Please view the Medical Trainees conference grant guidelines (pdf, 164kb) before completing the Medical Trainees Conference Grant application form (pdf, 601kb).
- Nurses: Please view the Nurses conference grant guidelines (pdf, 163kb) before completing the Nurses conference grant application form (pdf, 598kb)
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CancerMatters is the official newsletter of WACOG.
- It provides multidisciplinary cancer information for all health professionals with an interest in cancer, as well as supporters and interest groups.
- CancerMatters covers :
- local, national and international issues
- popular and relevant cancer information websites
- the latest clinical trials
- announcements for cancer education meetings or funding opportunities
- To subscribe or contribute content, please email email@example.com or call (08) 9212 4333.
Latest CancerMatters newsletters
- Cancer Matters Issue 32 : June 2021 (electronic copy)
- Cancer Matters Issue 31 : March 2021 (electronic copy)
- Cancer Matters Issue 30 : December 2020 (electronic copy)
- Cancer Matters Issue 29 : September 2020 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 28 : June 2020 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 27 : March 2020 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 26 : December 2019 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 25 : September 2019 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 24 : June 2019 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 23 : April 2019 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 22 : December 2018 (electronic copy)
- CancerMatters Issue 21 : December 2017 (pdf, 914kb)
Cancer clinical trials
What is a cancer clinical trial?
For information on cancer clinical trials and frequently asked questions, read through to the clinical trials pamphlet resource, which is a downloadable pdf document. Additional information on cancer clinical trials can be found on our webpage, as well as the WA Cancer Clinical Trials Registry for latest trials in WA.
WA Cancer Clinical Trials Registry (WACCTR)
- For information on specific cancer clinical trials open at Western Australian hospitals, please see the WA Cancer Clinical Trials Registry (WACCTR).
- For information for patients on clinical trials, please visit the Cancer clinical trials page