Our Research Funding Program provides opportunities for support at every step of a cancer researcher's career.
There is increasing recognition of the benefits of involving community members (sometimes referred to as consumers) in all parts of the research process, including the allocation of research funding. Effective community involvement in our research funding decisions can help to provide a broader perspective to our decisions, improve accountability to our donors, ensure the research we fund is relevant to the WA community and improve how the results of the research are communicated to the wider community.
- Plain Language Summary Guide (107kb)
- Guidance on community review criteria (2818kb)
- Research Funding Program - consumer changes (1713kb)
- Community involvement FAQs (1239kb)
Apply for Funding - Specific Guidance
- Research Project Grants - funding to support cancer research
- Early Career Investigator Grants - funding to support researchers at the early stage of their careers
- Research Fellowship and Rosemary Grant Zaks Melanoma Research Fellowship - funding for an outstanding cancer researcher who will make a significant contribution to the field of cancer research in WA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - funding for early career cancer researchers considered to have the potential to make a significant contribution to the field of cancer research in Western Australia
- John Nott Cancer Fellowship Travel Support Fund - funding to support travel for researchers interested in national or international cancer research and treatment
- PhD Top Up Scholarship - funding to support outstanding PhD Students
- Honours / Masters Scholarships - funding to support outstanding Honours Students
- Student Vacation Research Scholarships - funding for undergraduate research scholarships to encourage a specific study of cancer and leukaemia by medical and science students
- Collaborative Cancer Grant Scheme (CCGS) - a funding opportunity for early to mid career researchers